Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 1 (6/15/12): Travel


I guess this is Day 1 of an uncharted journey for me.  I'm going to miss being at home.  I know I'm in college now and everything, but I'd see my parents frequently there anyways because of track and cross country meets.  This is the longest time I'll have been away from home during the summer.  Although that's bittersweet and all, I'm psyched to be spending a couple of months on a farm.  
Day 1 had a bit of a rocky start. I set my alarm for 4:30am to catch my 6am bus from Albany.  That bus didn't arrive til 7:10am and departed close to 8am. We had to stop off at Worcester, MA and the bus driver did NOT know where the bus station was and refused to listen to the passengers saying that we'd passed it 3 times.  She insisted what they were referring to was a train station - it was both a bus AND a train station. Then we finally arrived in Boston at 12:30, missing my 12:15 connection to Augusta by a hair.  Fortunately, there was another bus leaving for Augusta at 1:15 and arriving there at the same ETA as Mary and I had communicated.  Now I'm sitting on a bus with wifi, electric outlets, and a family movie about dolphins playing.  I'm almost there!

3 comments:

  1. Cool blog! I love the decor on the page, the font and the font size:) Easy reading, and I look forward to hearing much more of your experiences this summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've changed the decor and the font; liked it better before, but I'll still keep reading:)

      Delete
  2. Love the blog! Maine is the best place to be in the summer :) You're going to have such a great time!

    ReplyDelete